Our TeamComing together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success. - Henry Ford
Dr. Taşkın Padır
Director, Convener, and Learner
Taskin Padir is an Associate Professor of Robotics at Northeastern University. He received his PhD and MS degrees in electrical and computer engineering from Purdue University. He holds a BS in electrical and electronics engineering from the Middle East Technical University. He is the Founding Director of the Institute for Experiential Robotics at Northeastern University, the Director of Robotics and Intelligent Vehicles Research Laboratory (RIVeR Lab). He is also the co-founder of the Robotics Collaborative at Northeastern. His research interests include supervised autonomy for humanoid robots, shared autonomy for intelligent vehicles, and human-in-the-loop control systems with applications in exploration, disaster response, personalized in-home care, and nuclear decommissioning. His projects have been sponsored by NSF, NASA, DOE-EM, DARPA, DOD, Mass Seaport Economic Development Council and many industry partners. Professor Padir led project teams for the NASA Sample Return Robot Centennial Challenge, SmartAmerica Challenge and the DARPA Robotics Challenge (DRC).
INP ENSEEIHT (Toulouse - FRANCE)
He has received his BS degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Turkey. He completed an internship in RIVeR Lab, in the summer of 2014 and worked on a assistive robot for elderly people. He also completed an internship in KOVAN Lab, METU, Turkey and worked on object recognition with a humanoid robot called ‘iCub’. He is interested in human-robot interaction, robot learning and perception. He now focus on enhancing perception capabilities of a humanoid robot called ‘Valkyrie’. More information about him and his work can be found at: kelestemur.com
Stephen Alt is a second year undergraduate student at Northeastern University, double majoring in Computer Science and Physics with a minor in Mathematics. He has interned at IBM TJ Watson Research Center twice. In the future, Stephen aspires to pursue his PhD in Computer Science.
Anas Abou Allaban
- Nicolas Binford, Coop student (July-December 2017)
- Peter Dirksmeier, Coop student (January-June 2018)
- Peter Downward, Coop student (January-June 2018)
- Thomas Harmon
- Hao Jiang, Coop student (January-June 2018)
- Conor Messer
- Naoki Yokoyama
- Vinayak Jagtap, M.S. (WPI)
- Koushik Balasubramanian, M.S. (Skycart)
- Savanna Horan, M.S. (iRobot)
- Chris Mehegan, M.S. (General Dynamics)
- Jayam Patel, M.S. (WPI)
- Apoorv Walawalkar, M.S. (R-Dex Systems)
- Brendan McLeod (Bossa Nova Robotics)
- Brian Eccles (Bossa Nova Robotics)
- Cameron Canale
- Daniel Fox
- Devon Locke
- Donald Bourque
- Farhat Kohistani
- Helei Duan
- Kristina Walker
- Loan Chau
- Lucine Bahtiarian
- Marisa Warner
- Michelle Gagnon
- Mitchell Wills (Google)
- Ned Shelton
- Nicholas Cebry (Draper Laboratories)
- Nicholas Otero
- Nolan Manor
- Perry Franklin (ETH Zurich)
- Peter Chambers
- Rashida Nayeem
- Rohit Bansal
- Scott Cazier
- Tanishq Bhalla
- Tenell Rhodes
- Thomas Desilva
- Thomas Watson
- Timothy Murcko (Apple)
- Vanderlei Cunha
- Alec Ishak, M.S. (Viasat)
- Adrian Sudol, M.S. (Iconics)
- Corey Russell, M.S. (Iconics)
- Felipe Polido, M.S. (IIT)
- James Fleming, M.S. (Kiva)
- Nandan Banerjee, M.S. (iRobot)
- Oke Onwuka, M.S. (Beckman Coulter)
- Ross Desmond, M.S. (Kiva)
- Shiwei Wang, M.S. (Rethink Robotics)
- Yanren Long, M.S.
- Ty Tremblay, M.S. (Symbotic)
- Adam Panzica, M.S. (NREC)
- Mathew DeDonato, M.S. (Toyota Research Institute)
- Erkang Xu, M.S.
- Katie-Grace Youngsma, M.S. (General Dynamics)
- Kamal Shah, M.S.
- Ben Roy, M.S. (Qinetiq, North America)
- Dan Sacco, M.S. (Siemens Healthcare)
- Andrew Davis, B.S.
- Andrew Gallagher, B.S.
- Adam Jardim, B.S.
- Arianna Niro, B.S.
- Antonio Puzzi, B.S.
- Arman Uygur, B.S.
- Brad Mello, B.S. (Apple)
- David Kelly, B.S.
- Deniz Ozgoren, B.S.
- Gilmar Da Vitoria, B.S.
- Runzi Gao, B.S.
- Jeffrey Orszulak, B.S.
- Julien Van Wambeke-Long, B.S. (HighRes Biosolutions)
- Kevin Burns, B.S.
- Nikhil Godani, B.S.
- Olivia Hugal, B.S.
- Ran Li, B.S.
- Rick Baruffi, B.S.
- Sarah Sawatzki, B.S.
- Sean Casley, B.S.
- Steven Guayaquil, B.S.
- Taylor McNally, B.S.
- Thanacha Choopojcharoen, B.S. (Mathworks)
- Walter McIntyre, B.S.
- Michael Fagan, B.S. (Moog)
- Matt Dickerman, B.S. (US Navy)
- Andrew Cunningham, B.S. (Draper Laboratories)
- Cody Schultz, B.S.
- Jivesh Tolani, B.S. (IEM)
- Adam Blumenau, B.S. (WPI)
- Brett Limone, B.S. (Energid)
- Zach Mintz, B.S.
- Jon Anderson, B.S. (Marble)
- Tom Carlone, B.S. (CMU)
- Joe Amato, B.S. (Uber ATC)
- Paul Ventimiglia, B.A.
- Jim Salvati, B.S. (iRobot)
- Catherine Coleman, B.S. (WPI)
- Chris Whipple, B.S. (Brown U.)
- Joe Funk, B.S.
- Eric Fitting, B.S. (Kiva Systems)
- Gregory McConnell, B.S.
- Michael Rodriguez, B.S.
- Samson King, B.S. (HighRes BioSolutions)
- Craig DeMello, B.S. (MagneMotion)
- Felipe Polido, B.S. (Amazon Robotics)
- Jeff Gorges, B.S. (U. of Washington)
- Ryan Doherty, B.S. (BAE Systems)
- M. Ali Akmanalp, B.S. (CustomMade Ventures)
- Peter Kalauskas, B.S. (Greystripe)
- Jon Morgan, B.S. (Babson C.)
- Vadim Chernyak, B.S. (Boston Dynamics)
- Tim Flynn, M.S. (ViaSat)
- Anton Zalutsky, B.S. (International Electronic Machines)
- Matt Carey, B.S. (General Dynamics)
- Eric Kurz, B.S. (iLimb)
- Tim Perreault, B.S. (Symbotic)
- Josh Matte, B.S. (Cynosure)
- Chris Aloisio, B.S. (Energid)
- Casey Comisky, B.S. (General Dynamics)
- Mark Hawthorne, B.S. (General Dynamics)
- Chris Gamache, B.S. (iRobot)
- Viktoras Truchanovicius, B.S. (Wayfair)
- Ricardo Madera, B.S. (Foliage)
- Matt Bienia, B.S. (General Dynamics)
- Dan Garcia, B.S. (InterSystems)
- Karl Wajcs, B.S. (Cornell U.)